- Prevent accumulation of grit and abrasive dust which can scratch and dull the surface. Do this with regular sweeping and vacuuming and by installing barrier mats such as coir matting inside and outside all external door ways.
- Protect all furniture with felt pads to avoid any scratching with movement.
- Wipe up any spilled liquids and avoid any standing water or liquid as wood will absorb liquid and expand which could effect the stability of the floor. Any stains should be removed while wet with a clean damp cloth.
- Avoid use of any household cleaners. These can be abrasive and damage or dull the surface and can leave a dangerous slippery film.
Regular cleaning of UV oiled surfaces using Wood’s Good Natural Floor Soap
Natural Soap is ideal for hardwood. May be used for the cleaning and maintenance of all known oil systems. Natural Soap is a quality soap, which due to its nourishing properties quickly closes the pores of the wood and protects against dirt and penetration of liquids.
Natural Soap white is shaken carefully before use. 125 ml Natural Soap is mixed into 5 lt of lukewarm water. It is recommended always to work with 2 buckets: one with soap water and one with rinse water. Clean the floor with minimum quantity of water ‚leave soap water on floor briefly in order to dissolve dirt. Remove dirty soap water with hard wrung mop or cloth and rinse in bucket with rinse water.
Always wipe floor with soap water on hard wrung out mop or cloth in order to re-establish the protective Natural Soap film.
Initial and regular maintenance care with Faxe Active Care
Before a new floor is taken into use it is recommended to apply a coat of Faxe Active Care which is a natural way to add a protect sheen to the floor.
Faxe Active Care adds protection to oiled, waxed and lacquered wooden surfaces, ideal for ﬂoors and furniture. With nurturing waxes, including sustainably sourced Brazilian Carnauba palm wax, it revives and refreshes dull and scratched surfaces and is perfect for areas that require extra resistance to water and spillages.
Refresh & Protect with Faxe Active Care
Designed to be used with oiled and waxed wood ﬂooring, it is also suitable for lacquered wood, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, cork, natural stone, unglazed tiles and polished concrete! Instructions:
(Tools: Wood’s Good® Applicator Mop Pad or lint free mop/cloth)
1. Vacuum clean to remove loose dirt.
2. Freshly sealed surfaces should be fully cured and dry.
3. Shake or stir thoroughly before and during use.
4. Working in sections apply undiluted Refresher with the grain working wet on wet. (Avoid working on areas that have already dried)
5. Wipe onto the surface following the grain.
6. When ﬁnished allow to dry for 30 – 60 mins.
7. Protect surface from water for 24 hrs after application.
8. Rinse applicator pad with clean water.
NOTE: Always test on a small area in order to check the surface and the compatibility of the product. Do not apply to newly oiled surfaces for at least 7 days. Aftercare: Re-apply undiluted Faxe Active Care periodically as required. To clean use Refresher as a water additive or Wood’s Good Natural Floor Care Spray.
Clean & Maintain with Faxe Active Care
Faxe Active Care contains mild detergents and nurturing natural waxes and can be diluted with water and used to clean and refresh ﬂoors and surfaces. Cleaning Instructions:
(Tools: Lint free mop/cloth, Bucket)
1. Vacuum clean to remove loose dirt.
2. Add Refresher to cleaning water.(1 part Refresher to 20 parts water or 1 part Faxe Active Care to 10 parts water for areas subject to heavy wear)
3. Shake or stir Faxe Active Care solution thoroughly before and during use.
4. Using a well wrung mop wipe the ﬂoor with the grain to remove dirt.
5. When ﬁnished allow to dry for 30 – 60 mins.
6. Rinse mop with clean water.
NOTE: Avoid using too much water. For very dirty ﬂoors use two buckets one with Faxe Active Care solution and one for rinse water.
Do not store and use solution after 1 month.(As may form algae)