All V4 Lacquered floors are finished with up to eight coats of hard wearing and easy maintenance lacquer or varnish.
- Prevent accumulation of grit and abrasive dust which can scratch and dull the lacquered surface. Do this with regular sweeping and vacuuming and by installing barrier mats such as coir matting inside and outside all external doorways.
- Protect all furniture with felt pads to avoid any scratching with movement.
- Wipe up any spilled liquids and avoid any standing water or liquid as wood will absorb liquid and expand which could affect the stability of the floor. Any stains should be removed while wet with a clean damp cloth.
- Avoid use of oil-based detergent or any household cleaners. These can be abrasive and damage or dull the surface and can leave a dangerous slippery film.
- If using a mop and bucket with soap solution to clean the floor, avoid using too much water insuring the mop almost dry before application.
Cleaning Lacquered Floors
We recommend using a pH neutral spray cleaner with a no abrasive micro fibre mop or cloth.
- Vacuum clean to remove loose dirt.
- Floor must be dry.
- Shake the spray cleaner well before & during use.
- Working in sections spray the surface.
- Wipe the surface with the grain using a lint free cloth of microfibre mop pad
- When finished, allow the floor to dry for 30 – 60 mins.
- Rinse applicator pad with clean water.
NOTE: Always test on a small area in order to check the surface and the compatibility of the product.
NOTE: Always keep the amount of water used to clean the floor to a minimum.
Bona Spray Mop with Bona Wood Floor Cleaner
Wood’s Good Lacquer Floor Cleaner with Mop Pad/ Kit
Long Term Maintenance For Lacquered Floors
If a lacquered floor is old and has been used in heavy traffic conditions or badly maintained then it may be necessary to rejuvenate the lacquered surface.
The surface must first be “keyed” using a fine grit sand paper on a sanding machine. This allows a new coating of lacquer to be applied without sanding back to the bare wood.
Once the surface is prepared a coat of varnish/ lacquer can be applied.
This is usually a job best carried out by an experience floor finisher.