Cleaning and Maintenance Guide
Our Natureffect Laminate wood floors have a tough coating and our Natureffect Aqualock has the added feature, of water-resistant joints with up to 36 hrs protection. Laminate surfaces are easy to care for with our simple guide.
- Prevent accumulation of grit and abrasive dust which can scratch and dull the laminate surface. Do this with regular sweeping and vacuuming and by installing barrier mats such as coir matting inside and outside all external doorways.
- Protect all furniture with felt pads to avoid any scratching with movement.
- Wipe up any spilled liquids and avoid any standing water or liquid as wood will absorb liquid and expand which could affect the stability of the floor. Any stains should be removed while wet with a clean damp cloth.
- Avoid use of oil-based detergent or any household cleaners. These can be abrasive and damage or dull the surface and can leave a dangerous slippery film.
- If using a mop and bucket with soap solution to clean the floor, avoid using too much water insuring the mop almost dry before application.
- Do not use a steam cleaner as this will apply too much moisture.
Cleaning Laminate Floors
We recommend using a pH neutral spray cleaner with a non-abrasive micro fibre mop or cloth.
- Always Vacuum clean first to remove loose dirt.
- Floor must be dry.
- Shake the spray cleaner well before & during use.
- Working in sections spray the surface.
- Wipe the surface with the grain using a lint free cloth of microfibre mop pad.
- When finished, allow the floor to dry for 30 – 60 mins.
- Rinse applicator pad with clean water.
NOTE: Always test on a small area in order to check the surface and the compatibility of the product.
NOTE: Always keep the amount of water used to clean the floor to a minimum.
Bona Premium Spray Mop with Bona Wood Floor Cleaner
Long Term Maintenance for Laminate Floors
If a laminate floor is scratched or has a hole or dent there is no need to replace the damaged board, instead use a bee’s wax repair kit or coloured putty to fill the damaged area. Once the area is dry clean the floor with laminate floor cleaner.